CITATIONS : 845 h index: 21 i10 index: 34 (May 2022)
- Second Place Award, 1993 IEEE/AP-S International Symposium Student Paper Contest, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, June 30, 1993. (Paper Title: H. T. Anastassiu and P. H. Pathak, “High Frequency Analysis of Gaussian Beam Scattering by a Parabolic Surface Containing an Edge”).
- Top 3 Paper Award, 13th International Conference on Communications, Electromagnetics and Medical Applications (CEMA’18), Sofia, Bulgaria, October 18 -20, 2018. (Paper Title: Vissarion G. Iatropoulos, Minodora-Tatiani Anastasiadou and Hristos T. Anastassiu,‘Application of the Method of Auxiliary Sources (MAS) to the Analysis of Electromagnetic Scattering from Dielectric Surfaces with Curved Wedges’
- Second Place Award, 2019 PIERS (PhotonIcs & Electromagnetics Research Symposium) Student Paper Contest, Rome, Italy, 17 – 20 June 2019.
(Paper Title: E. J. Mastorakis, P. J Papakanellos, H. T. Anastassiu, and N. L. Tsitsas,
“Hybridization of the Method of Auxiliary Sources (MAS) with the Fast Multipole Method (FMM) for Scattering from Large Arrays of Cylinders”).
- National Fellowship for Excellence, 1984 (qualifying for Aristotle University, Thessaloniki)
- National Fellowship for Excellence, 1985 (Freshman, year 1)
- National Fellowship for Excellence, 1986 (Sophomore, year 2)
- National Fellowship for Excellence 1987 (Junior, year 3)
- National Fellowship for Excellence 1988 (Senior, year 4)
- National Fellowship for Excellence 1989 (Diploma candidate, year 5)
- Technical Chamber of Greece Award, 1988
- Technical Chamber of Greece Award, 1989
- “Computational Methods for Electromagnetic Scattering from Aircraft”, Andravida Hellenic Air Force Base, Andravida, Greece, March 1999.
- “Analysis of Microwave Smart Antennas: Activities at the Microwave and Fiber Optics Laboratory of NTUA”, IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques (MTT), Greece Chapter, National Technical University of Athens, Greece, November 7, 2000.
- “Aspects of the Method of Auxiliary Sources (MAS) in Computational Electromagnetics”, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Lyngby, Denmark, May 14, 2001.
- “Analytical Methods and Computational Algorithms for the Calculation of the Radar Cross Section of Selected Targets”, Electronic and Informatics Warfare Seminar, School of Navy Tactics, Piraeus, Greece, December 3, 2001.
- “Application of Bicomplex (Quaternion) Analysis in Electromagnetics: A Lower Order Alternative of the Classical Helmholtz Equation”, IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques (MTT), Greece Chapter, National Technical University of Athens, Greece, October 30, 2002.
- “Methods for the Control and Computation of the Radar Cross Section (RCS) of Special Targets”, Andravida Hellenic Air Force Base, Andravida, Greece, November 14, 2003.
- “Accuracy Analysis of the Method of Auxiliary Sources (MAS) for Scattering by Circular Cylinders of Various Materials”, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Lyngby, Denmark, March 10, 2004.
- “Application of Bicomplex (Quaternion) Analysis in Electromagnetics: A Lower Order Alternative to the Helmholtz Equation”, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Lyngby, Denmark, March 12, 2004.
- “Computation of Aircraft Radar Cross Section (RCS)”, 1st Conference on Research and Technology “Heracletus”, Zappeio, Athens, June 28, 2007.
- “Overview of Electromagnetic Aspects of Airframe Design”, Young Scientists’ Program, HIRF Synthetic Environment, Divani Caravel Hotel, Athens, Greece, June 11, 2009.
REVIEWER IN SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS
- IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation
- IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques
- IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters
- IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters
- IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing
- IEEE Access
- IEEE Communications
- IEEE Journal on Multiscale and Multiphysics Computational Techniques
- IEE/IET Proc. Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation
- IEE/IET Proc. Radar, Sonar and Navigation
- IEE/IET Electronics Letters
- IEE/IET Science, Measurement & Technology
- The IEE/IET Journal of Engineering
- Radio Science
- Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications
- Optics Express
- Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer
- International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
- Applied Optics
- Waves and Random and Complex Media
- Pramana Journal of Physics
- Scientific Research and Essays
- National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences
- Materials Research Bulletin
- The Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Journal
- The Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Express Journal
- Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks
- Mathematical Problems in Engineering
- Applied Science
- Annals of Mathematics and Physics
REVIEWER OF RESEARCH PROPOSALS
- INTA (Instituto Nacional de Técnica Aeroespacial), Electronic Warfare and Detectability Laboratory, Madrid, Spain, 2011
- Ministero dell’Istruzione, dell’Università e della Ricerca Direzione Generale per il coordinamento e lo sviluppo della Ricerca Ufficio V, Roma, Italy, 2011
MEMBERSHIP IN JOURNAL EDITORIAL BOARDS
- The Open Electrical and Electronic Engineering Journal
- Journal of Applied Electromagnetism
- Guest Editor of Applied Sciences, special issue in Numerical and Analytical Methods in Electromagnetics https://www.mdpi.com/journal/applsci/special_issues/Numerical_Analytical_Methods
- Guest Editor of Electronics, special issue in Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Terrestrial Environment for Applications in Wireless Telecommunications and Radar Systems https://www.mdpi.com/journal/electronics/special_issues/Electromagnetic_Systems
MEMBERSHIP IN SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) (Senior Member).
a. Antennas and Propagation Society.
b. Microwave Theory and Techniques Society.
c. Electromagnetic Compatibility Society.
- Sigma Xi, Michigan Chapter (Associate Member).
- Technical Chamber of Greece.
PARTICIPATION IN SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCES AND/OR TECHNICAL COMMITTEES THEREOF
- 1993 IEEE/ AP-S International Symposium and URSI Radio Science Meeting, Ann Arbor MI, June 28- July 2, 1993.
- 1994 IEEE/ AP-S International Symposium and URSI Radio Science Meeting, Seattle WA, June 14-24, 1994.
- 1995 IEEE/ AP-S International Symposium and URSI Radio Science Meeting, Newport Beach CA, June 18-23, 1995.
- 1996 IEEE/ AP-S International Symposium and URSI Radio Science Meeting, Baltimore MD, July 21-26, 1996.
- NATO Advanced Study Institute: Applied Computational Electromagnetics, State of the Art and Future Trends, Samos, Greece, July 26- August 5 1997.
- International Symposium of Electromagnetic Theory, International Union of Radio Science (URSI), Thessaloniki, Greece, May 25-28, 1998.
- 7th International Conference on Advances in Communications and Control (COMCON7), Aphrodite Astir Palace Hotel, Athens, Greece, 28 June – July 2, 1999.
- Millenium Conference on Antennas and Propagation (AP2000), Davos, Switzerland, April 9-14, 2000.
- 2nd International Symposium of the Trans Black Sea Region Union on Applied Electromagnetics (BSUAE), Xanthi, Greece, June 27-29, 2000.
- VIth International Seminar/Workshop on Direct and Inverse Problems of Electromagnetic and Acoustic Wave Theory, L’viv, Ukraine, September 18-20, 2001.
- 2002 International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Electromagnetic Theory (MMET’02), Kiev, Ukraine, September 10-13, 2002 (chairman of an electromagnetic scattering session).
- 2003 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC 2003), Istanbul, Turkey, May 11-16, 2003 (reviewer and member of the technical committee. chairman of an electromagnetic scattering session).
- 6th International Workshop on Mathematical Methods in Scattering Theory and Biomedical Engineering, Tsepelovo, Greece, September 18-12, 2003.
- 26th ESA Antenna Technology Workshop on Satellite Antenna Modelling and Design Tools, ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, November 12-14, 2003.
- 12th International Workshop on Systems, Signals and Image Processing (IWSSIP’05), Chalkida, Greece, September 22-24, 2005.
- 1st European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, (EuCAP 2006), Nice, France, November 6-10, 2006.
- RTO SCI-177: “High Power Microwaves: Threat to Infrastructure and Military Equipment”, Mannheim, Germany, Oct. 15-17, 2007.
- 2nd European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, (EuCAP 2007), Edinburgh, UK, November 11-16, 2007 (reviewer and member of the technical committee)
- RTO AVT-147/RSY 022: “Computational Uncertainty in Military Vehicle Design”, Athens, Greece, Dec. 3-6, 2007.
- 13th Biennial Conference on Electromagnetic Field Computation (CEFC 2008), Athens, Greece, 11-15 Μay, 2008 (chairman of PF3 – Numerical Techniques IV session).
- 3rd European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, (EuCAP 2009), Berlin, Germany, March 23-27, 2009 (reviewer and member of the technical committee).
- 2009 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS 09), Cape Town, South Africa, July 2009 (reviewer and member of the technical committee).
- Materials in EMC Applications, EMC Europe, Athens, Greece, 11-12 June 2009 (reviewer and member of the technical committee).
- 4rd European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, (EuCAP 2010), Barcelona, Spain, April 12-16, 2010 (reviewer and member of the technical committee).
- 2010 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS 10), Honolulu HI, USA, July 2010 (reviewer).
- NATO/RTO SET-160 Symposium on NCI/ATR in Air Ground and Maritime Applications Based on Radar and Acoustics, Athens, Greece on 11-12 October 2010 (reviewer and member of the technical committee).
- 2011 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS 11), Sendai, Japan, August 2011 (reviewer).
- 22nd Telecommunications Forum, TELFOR 2014, Belgrade, Serbia, November 25-27, 2014
- 9th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, (EuCAP 2015), Lisbon, Portugal, April 12-17, 2015 (reviewer)
- 2017 International Workshop on Antenna Technology (iWAT), Athens, Greece March 1 -3 2017 (reviewer).
- 13th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP 2019), Krakow, Poland, 31 March 31- April 5 2019 (reviewer).
- 2019 International Workshop on Antenna Technology (iWAT), Miami, FL – March 3rd-6th 2019 (reviewer).
- ICPMS2019, The Second International Conference on Physics, Mathematics and Statistics, May 22-24, 2019 in Hangzhou, China (reviewer)
- 14th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP 2020), Copenhagen, Denmark, 15-20 March 2020 (reviewer).
- 2020 International Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Symposium (ACES), 22 – 26 Mar 2020, Monterey, USA (reviewer).
- 15th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP 2021), Düsseldorf, Germany, 20-26 March 2021 (reviewer).
ATTENDANCE OF SEMINARS IN MATHEMATICS
- 1st School of Non-Linear Dynamical Systems, University of Patra, Greece, July 1-11, 1987.
- 2nd School of Non-Linear Dynamical Systems, University of the Aegean, Samos, Greece, July 3-10, 1988.